Friday, September 18, 2009

First Day Memoir

9/18/09 My expectations for high school when I first started weren’t very much at all. But now that we’ve been back for a couple of weeks, my expectations slowly, but surely, are growing by the day. I feel like this year has potential to be a lot of fun, however, I’m not totally convinced quite yet.
I’ve met some people that seem to be really outgoing and funny and I’m guessing why I’ve gotten along the most with them is because they’re the only ones that are like my friends from home. Not that the other people here are mean or unfriendly, it’s just that they don’t seem to as open to new people and I haven’t gotten a chance to get to know anybody yet. I’m sure once I meet them I’ll have a completely different mindset about everyone.


9/24/09 I just read over what I started to write on the 18th and it made me laugh. School is great now. It’s funny how something can change so much in just under a week. I, in fact, do have some friends here now, and I don’t just eat lunch with them. I actually talk to them. Most of them are from swim team, so we stay after school and walk to the gas station. Already, we’ve had pretty good times, and it has been about four days since I started to do that. Because I’ve met these people, I enjoy going to school in the morning-with the exception of getting on the bus at 6:42 in the morning. I mean, first hour is still boring, but that’s because everyone, including me, still wants to be in bed. Second hour, my teacher is pretty weird, and we laugh a lot; not at her, with her. Third hour is okay, I guess. The classroom smells funny, so my friends and I joke about it. Fourth hour is where I’m at right now. I kind of dread going to this class because I know we’re always going to have to write something. Fifth hour is basically a class full of weird people. I was pretty much forced to take it. Sixth hour is arguably the best classes ever. Enough said.

3 comments:

  1. I bet I'm the outgoing person aren't I. I love how you describe 5th hour, it's so terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very sorry that i used the word "terrible" it was not very kind of me. My dearest sympathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wasn't very nice to say about your 5th hour, but at least you tell the truth.

    ReplyDelete